Pancake Rocks Hike
Max 6 people
$156.45 for 1 person
Looking for a family-friendly hike that offers both distance and elevation gain? Check out our Pancake Rocks hike!
Enjoy a popular, three-season hike with unique rock formations and astonishing views while you wind through a diverse forest of blue spruce, limber pine, and Aspen trees. We might even make it over to Horsethief Falls--a gorgeous waterfall over the rock formations. You will appreciate the challenge and rewards of hiking at higher elevations without the extra stress of trying to summit a fourteener!
Distance: 6-7 miles
Starting Elevation: 9,667 ft
Elevation Gain: 1,860 ft
Best Hikes Near Colorado Springs describes the Pancake Rocks Trail as: “One of the finest day hikes in the Pikes Peak region. The trail offers it all--spectacular mountain scenery, willow-lined beaver ponds, hillsides of shimmering Aspen, far-reaching views, and unusual granite rock formations.” This is also a great hike if you want to explore the Divide or Cripple Creek areas.
Check out this Relive Video from the trail!
Other things to note:
The trailhead is about 1 hour from Colorado Springs--enjoy a beautiful drive to this fun trail!
Hike for Life is a local social impact business that exists to nurture community, inspire exploration and preserve the great outdoors by providing information and carefully curated guided hikes for residents and visitors to the Pikes Peak region.
Hike for Life helps increase the number of hikers with the knowledge and motivation to safely enjoy the outdoors. We provide and support education initiatives & offer affordable guided day hikes emphasizing stewardship. Do you want to explore the front range with an experienced guide?
Contact us to learn more!
Where you'll meet
What to bring
HYDRATION: Adequate water for the duration of the outing.
NUTRITION: We'll bring snacks but bring your own if you have any dietary restrictions.
PROTECTION: Hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, clothing appropriate for the expected weather, and shoes appropriate for the hike.
NAVIGATION: Map or directions to the trailhead. Your guide will take care of the navigation on trail!
MITIGATION: Any medications needed. We will have a basic first aid kit.
If a guide cancels the hike before it starts for safety reasons not related to guest actions then HFL will issue a 100% refund (or credit for a future hike, whichever the guest prefers).
If a guide elects to cancel the hike for a safety reason related to guest actions (refusing to wear a mask, not bringing appropriate equipment, not complying with guide instructions) or if the guest is a no show at the start time there will not be a refund.
- Any hike cancelled more than 7 days prior: 100% refund/credit.
- Any hike cancelled by the guest more than 48 hours prior: 50% refund/credit.
- Any hike cancelled by the guest more than 24 hours prior: 25% refund/credit.
- Any hike cancelled by the guest less than 24 hours prior: no refund/credit.
Our precautions for COVID-19
What you can expect from us:
In accordance with our mission to provide responsible outdoors exploration to our dedicated community, Hike For Life resumed modified in-person operations on May 30th, 2020. While balancing the rapidly changing situation during the pandemic, we are doing our best to meet or exceed the federal, state, and local community standards. Specifically, all guests and guides acknowledge the following policies:
- Hikes will be conducted in the early morning or late evening.
- Private groups only.
- Max group size of 4 guests plus 1 guide.
- No physical contact on the trail (ex. no handshakes or hugs). The only physical contact would be an emergency situation.
- The guide and guests will wear a face covering at introductions, anytime we are unable to maintain 6 ft separation while on the trail, and at the end of the hike.
- The guide will also wear a face covering anytime he or she addresses the group.
- No guides or guests will participate in any Hike For Life events if they have experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, body/muscle aches, sore throat, or change in smell or taste.