Secret Twisted Trees Hike
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Max 6 people
$57.75 for 1 person
Join us on a great hike to experience first-hand some of the most interesting twisted trees in Central Colorado! Your guide will take you on a short hike that features these unique trees, stories about their history and great views of the Front Range Mountains!
Within the park, we will tailor the hike to your experience level and expectations: distance, stories, views--you decide! We will meet at the trailhead, share some basics of front country hiking and then we're off! Your hike can be anywhere from one mile on a casual trail with minimal elevation gain to an adventurous three miles of hills, trees, and views! We will pause for water, snacks and photo ops. Along the way we will tell you about the general history of the area including the Native Americans, plants, and animals. After the hike we provide you with a summary of your experience that you can share on social media!
Distance: 1-3 Miles
Elevation Gain: < 500 ft.
Other things to note:
Guests with minimal hiking experience are welcome-- you must be able to walk short distances on unimproved terrain (dirt trails).
Our goal is to provide you with a memorable, safety-oriented, informative and fun experience that motivates you to explore more!
Check out this Relive Video from the trail!
Hike for Life is a local social impact business that exists to nurture community, inspire exploration and preserve the great outdoors by providing information and carefully curated guided hikes for residents and visitors to the Pikes Peak region.
Hike for Life helps increase the number of hikers with the knowledge and motivation to safely enjoy the outdoors. We provide and support education initiatives & offer affordable guided day hikes emphasizing stewardship. Do you want to explore the front range with an experienced guide?
Contact us to learn more!
Where you'll meet
What to bring
HYDRATION: Adequate water for the duration of the outing.
NUTRITION: We'll bring snacks but bring your own if you have any dietary restrictions.
PROTECTION: Hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, clothing appropriate for the expected weather, and shoes appropriate for the expected environment.
NAVIGATION: Map or directions to the trailhead. Your guide will take care of the navigation on the trail!
MITIGATION: Any medications needed. We will have a basic first aid kit.
If a guide cancels the hike before it starts for safety reasons not related to guest actions then HFL will issue a 100% refund (or credit for a future hike, whichever the guest prefers).
If a guide elects to cancel the hike for a safety reason related to guest actions (refusing to wear a mask, not bringing appropriate equipment, not complying with guide instructions) or if the guest is a no show at the start time there will not be a refund.
- Any hike cancelled more than 7 days prior: 100% refund/credit.
- Any hike cancelled by the guest more than 48 hours prior: 50% refund/credit.
- Any hike cancelled by the guest more than 24 hours prior: 25% refund/credit.
- Any hike cancelled by the guest less than 24 hours prior: no refund/credit.
Our precautions for COVID-19
What you can expect from us:
In accordance with our mission to provide responsible outdoors exploration to our dedicated community, Hike For Life resumed modified in-person operations on May 30th, 2020. While balancing the rapidly changing situation during the pandemic, we are doing our best to meet or exceed the federal, state, and local community standards. Specifically, all guests and guides acknowledge the following policies:
- Hikes will be conducted in the early morning or late evening.
- Private groups only.
- Max group size of 4 guests plus 1 guide.
- No physical contact on the trail (ex. no handshakes or hugs). The only physical contact would be an emergency situation.
- The guide and guests will wear a face covering at introductions, anytime we are unable to maintain 6 ft separation while on the trail, and at the end of the hike.
- The guide will also wear a face covering anytime he or she addresses the group.
- No guides or guests will participate in any Hike For Life events if they have experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, body/muscle aches, sore throat, or change in smell or taste.