Snowshoe Woodland Park at Lovell Gulch
Woodland Park, Colorado
Max 2 people
$152.25 for 1 person
Join us to explore the Woodland Park area in the winter--while it's covered in snow! We will guide you on a Loop Trail with stunning views of America's Mountain: Pikes Peak!
This is a beginner level snowshoeing activity. We will provide snowshoes & poles and all the necessary education and tips for you to snowshoe and have a fun outdoors winter adventure! Your guide has significant snowshoeing experience to ensure an exciting AND safe adventure for you--with many fun stories to share, winter ecology, and winter survival skills plus much more!
During the hike we will also provide you with tips on destinations in town and useful information for your future hiking and snowshoeing plans.
The trail is on the easy side of moderate--accessible to most people at a reasonable fitness level.
- 5 miles
- Starting elevation: 8,597 ft
- Elevation gain: ~750 ft
Other things to note:
- The trailhead is about 30 minutes from Colorado Springs--a short drive to enjoy this fun, snow-covered trail!
- Trail time will be about 2.5-3 hours. In addition, allow a minimum drive time of 30 minutes each way.
- After booking, we will email you a detailed gear list and assist with additional gear acquisition.
Contact us for groups larger than 2 people.
Our goal is to provide you with a memorable, safety-oriented, informative and fun experience that motivates you to explore more!
Check out this Relive Video from the trail!
Snowshoes and Trekking Poles
Hike for Life is a local social impact business that exists to nurture community, inspire exploration and preserve the great outdoors by providing information and carefully curated guided hikes for residents and visitors to the Pikes Peak region.
Hike for Life helps increase the number of hikers with the knowledge and motivation to safely enjoy the outdoors. We provide and support education initiatives & offer affordable guided day hikes emphasizing stewardship. Do you want to explore the front range with an experienced guide?
Contact us to learn more!
Where you'll meet
What to bring
- Minimum 2 L water per person
- Warm clothing: boots, socks, jacket, pants, gloves/mitten, hat
- Sunscreen and Lip Balm
- Adventurous Attitude!
If a guide cancels the hike before it starts for safety reasons not related to guest actions then HFL will issue a 100% refund (or credit for a future hike, whichever the guest prefers).
If a guide elects to cancel the hike for a safety reason related to guest actions (refusing to wear a mask, not bringing appropriate equipment, not complying with guide instructions) or if the guest is a no show at the start time there will not be a refund.
- Any hike cancelled more than 7 days prior: 100% refund/credit.
- Any hike cancelled by the guest more than 48 hours prior: 50% refund/credit.
- Any hike cancelled by the guest more than 24 hours prior: 25% refund/credit.
- Any hike cancelled by the guest less than 24 hours prior: no refund/credit.
Our precautions for COVID-19
What you can expect from us:
In accordance with our mission to provide responsible outdoors exploration to our dedicated community, Hike For Life resumed modified in-person operations on May 30th, 2020. While balancing the rapidly changing situation during the pandemic, we are doing our best to meet or exceed the federal, state, and local community standards. Specifically, all guests and guides acknowledge the following policies:
- Hikes will be conducted in the early morning or late evening.
- Private groups only.
- Max group size of 4 guests plus 1 guide.
- No physical contact on the trail (ex. no handshakes or hugs). The only physical contact would be an emergency situation.
- The guide and guests will wear a face covering at introductions, anytime we are unable to maintain 6 ft separation while on the trail, and at the end of the hike.
- The guide will also wear a face covering anytime he or she addresses the group.
- No guides or guests will participate in any Hike For Life events if they have experienced any of the following symptoms within the last 14 days: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, body/muscle aches, sore throat, or change in smell or taste.