Arena Ride Experience (Ages 5+)
Max 4 people
Max 4 people
These exciting group lessons and arena experiences are given by a Certified Horsemanship Association instructor and will not disappoint. During these sessions, riders will take part in brushing and tacking their horses, learn basic riding skills, or continue to develop their riding abilities. Come prepared to your lesson ready to exercise both your body and mind as we help you learn to communicate with your horse effectively. Our instructors will tailor the lesson to the experience level of all riders- there is always something new we can teach you!
The journey begins at our barn where you'll be fitted with a helmet and matched with a well-suited horse who you will brush, tack up, and receive an orientation on horsemanship and safety. You will then mosey on down to the arena where you will be fitted to your horse and begin your arena experience.
Our Barn Manager, Michelle Borland, has decades of riding, trail-guiding, and instruction experience and is passionate about educating everyone she can on all things horsemanship. Michelle has also earned the title of “Master Instructor” through the Certified Horsemanship Association which places an emphasis on safety and positive coaching. All our riding instructors have the training and experience to ensure you will build confidence and enjoy your ride regardless of your experience level.
*Please note that Ranch Experiences are only available to overnight guests with a confirmed booking.*
- No one under the age of 5 will be allowed in the arena (if you have riding experience, please contact us).
- We require all riders to wear closed toed shoes and long pants.
- Safety helmets are required and provided.
- Rider weight limit 200 lbs.
- Everyone must sign a release of liability before they may be permitted to ride.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses are suggested.
- Drink plenty of water before you ride, as it's not safe to carry water bottles while riding.
- Do not wear loose-fitting clothes, or bring backpacks, purses, water bottles, or large cameras. Anything that blows in the wind can cause a horse to spook.
- A safety demonstration will occur before each ride. Please be on time to your riding appointment so that you do not miss this important information. ONLY participants who can listen to the safety demonstration, follow directions, and are able to ride on their own will be allowed to ride.
- Safety is our number one concern. Each rider will learn to ride and guide their horse before any ride leaves the arena.
- Please do not place phones in your pant pockets while riding.
- No eating, chewing gum, smoking, or vaping while riding our horses.
- Please wait for instructions before helping with any of the horses. Our trained staff will make sure that your interactions with our horses are fun and safe.