Trail Riding - Ages 12+
Max 6 people
For ages 12 and up, we offer a fantastic guided trail ride that allows you to view over 300 acres of our beautiful back country. Our trail rides begin in an arena where riders are fitted with a helmet, educated about trail safety, and matched with a horse. Next, our riders learn how to maneuver their horses in the arena so that they can manage well as we adventure down the trail. Our trail ride is not the usual “nose to tail” experience, and our main goal with each trail ride is to give our riders a truly safe and enjoyable experience where they learn to skillfully ride a horse.
Please read our rules and cancellation policy before booking, as our policies are firm.
- We require all riders to wear closed toed shoes and long pants.
- Safety helmets are required and provided.
- Everyone must sign a release of liability before they may be permitted to ride.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses are suggested.
- Drink plenty of water before you ride, as it's not safe to carry water bottles while riding. There is a place to store personal belongings at the riding arena.
- Do not wear loose-fitting clothes, or bring backpacks, purses, water bottles, or large cameras. Anything that blows in the wind can cause a horse to spook.
- In order to ride on trail, young adults between 12 and 18 must be able to follow directions, properly steer, and know how to stop a horse.
- Young adults who cannot ride a horse all by themselves may still ride, but they will need to join an arena lesson where they will build skills to learn to ride by themselves.
- If you schedule an arena ride for your child the same time as your trail ride, you will need to make sure that an adult is present with your child/children at all times. We do not provide parentally unsupervised trail rides, and no refund will be provided if this error is made.
- A safety demonstration will occur before each ride. Please be on time to your riding appointment so that you do not miss this important information. ONLY participants who can listen to the safety demonstration and follow directions will be allowed to ride.
- Safety is our number one concern. Each rider will learn to ride and guide their horse before any ride leaves the arena.
- Please do not place phones in your pant pockets while riding (many phones have been lost out on the trail).
- No eating, chewing gum, smoking, or vaping while riding our horses.
- Please wait for instructions before helping with any of the horses. Our trained staff will make sure that your interactions with our horses are fun and safe.